Those of you who are friends on Facebook already know about the naughty Leprechaun that has invaded our house. For those of you who aren’t on Facebook basically starting March first we began ‘pranking’ the kids with a new prank every morning under the guise of a Leprechaun who has entered our house in search of gold and treasure. He sleeps during the day and only comes out at night. He likes to leave little green footprints wherever he goes. Sometimes gold dust falls from his pockets and once (so far) he has dropped some Leprechaun coins.
In some aspects this is similar to the “Elf on the Shelf” tradition of some families. Except there is no Elf, there are only 17 days leading up to St. Pat’s instead of 25 till Christmas, and there aren’t a lot of other commitments and holiday activities in March as there are in December. Gives the hubby and I more time to plan and execute without feeling pressure. Also with the Elf you are usually creating a scene with the doll. Since there is no physical Leprechaun it’s mostly a series of epic April Fool’s style pranks with green footprints marking the scene of the mischief.
The photo at the top of the page was Sunday morning when the Leprechaun got into the house. The kids were mystified. Kevin told them he must have rode in on the neighbors Barred Rock Rooster who is constantly in our yard (the neighbor has three he lets ‘free range’….I suspect he’s hoping they will meet their demise, but those boys appear fairly savvy and have alluded both jaw and tire, so far.) Once they bought in to the Leprechaun story they have been excited to fin out what new mischief the Leprechaun has been up to every day.
The best reaction was when the Leprechaun snuck into their bedroom and put tattoos on their heads. Jack could not get his off fast enough. There was no way he was going to school with a Leprechaun tattoo on his head! So not cool, I was informed. ![]()
One of my favorite parts is that they are very excited to clean up the Leprechaun’s mess. If I could figure out a way to do something in their room I bet I could get them to clean that black hole up voluntarily….hmmmm. Needless, to say I am getting some ‘spring cleaning’ out of this venture.
Six days down eleven to go. Stay tuned to see what else the Leprechaun has up his sleeves.
No comments:
Post a Comment