It’s been almost 2 weeks since my last post. See, I warned you I get lax on blogging in the summertime.
Nothing out of the ordinary going on around here, just keeping busy. We had a nice quiet 4th of July celebrated by waaaayyy to much yummy food, a trip to the parade in Buhl, and Pop-its.
Did you know Pop-it’s are much more exciting when you run them over with your Cozy Coupe?? Well, they are. ![]()
Since then its been a steady stream of trips to the lake, walk/bike rides, lawn mowing, garden weeding, fruit canning, firewood cutting, and all those other little things you do when the sun shines.
The garden is growing nicely. We’ve got corn, potatoes, sweet potatoes, cucumber, Brussels sprouts, lettuce, spinach, kale, carrots, raspberries, rhubarb, eggplant, tomatoes, all four colors (green, red, yellow, & orange) of bell pepper, a jalapeno plant, onions, chives, cilantro, watermelon, pumpkin, and zucchini all growing nicely. Fingers crossed everything continues smoothly until harvest time with not major disasters.
...that reminds me, I should probably go turn the water on out there….
Kevin is prepping to head down to Las Vegas for a BAER assignment. I’ve been teasing him about staying in ‘Vegas’…. Suuuuurrrreeee a “BAER assignment.” Is that what they’re calling it??
In all seriousness though, he’s going to be spending 2 glorious weeks roasting in the sunny Nevada sunshine on the Carpenter 1 fire doing rehab. It’s about halfway between Vegas and Pahrump for the curious. I doubt he even gets to see the strip unless he drives through on his way to the hotel.
That means that while Daddy’s away the mice will play….and you may not hear from me again until August.
No comments:
Post a Comment