…but it’s summertime.
I feel like I’ve been lax with my weekly posting lately. We’ve just been having so much fun enjoying all the summer has to offer that blog posts haven’t been top on the priority list.
Last week as the weather began to top out in the 90’s daily (it’s been triple digits the last few days) we, meaning me, decided it was time to host a Mom’s Meetup at our place. So last Thursday I turned on the sprinklers, filled the kiddie pool, and made ice cream. Along with a slip ‘n’ slide brought by a friend, we had quite the backyard water day.
Something about all those wet kids tearing around the backyard laughing just made me think, “Yea, this is what it’s all about!”
Over the weekend Kevin and I even got in on the water fun. Don’t think the kids get to enjoy it all to themselves round this place. Though the slide probably does have a weight limit that we are pushing.
We also busted out the new convection hood for Dutch oven cooking with propane! We can grill AND cook something in the Dutch oven with having have both the BBQ and fire pit going….quite convenient. I am determined to learn how to do biscuits/bread in the Dutch oven this summer and this will come in handy for sure. Not to mention you don’t heat up the kitchen while cooking. That is always a plus!
Today, we continued our ‘wet’ trend and went down to Dierkes Lake to swim with friends. We’ve been out there several times, but this was the first time I took the kids sans Kevin. Thankfully Dierkes has a nice little beach and a wading section cornered off with Jersey barriers. The kids can wander but there is a wall keeping them from getting in over their heads, literally. Great when you have two kiddos that tend to wander in opposite directions. We brought a bunch of sand toys and lunch and just let all the kids have at it. We’ll definitely be back again this summer (mostly because I bought the season pass and want to get my money’s worth
). Perhaps we can get Jack half decent at swimming before the summer’s out. He is still struggling to operate both ends at once. He either kicks or paddles and would be much more efficient if he did both at the same time.
Well, tomorrow is Independence Day. We’re celebrating the anniversary of this great nation by attending a parade and cooking some yummy food. While it too dry to risk and big fireworks we have stocked up on confetti poppers and pop-its. I hope you all enjoy your holiday. Stay safe and use common sense with your fireworks!
I now return to my place kiddie poolside to enjoy some more summer fun. If you don’t hear from me, this is probably where I’ll be.
No comments:
Post a Comment