Guess what I did this morning? No…nothing? Here I’ll give you a hint:
That’s right, I hit up the local U-Pick patch that the CSI Ag School runs out at the Breckenridge Ag Endowment Farm. Purple raspberries are on strong right now. Reds, which is what we have out in the garden, are still a few weeks out and Goldens are a few weeks after that.
Picked just shy of seven and a half pounds in a little over an hour. For the curious, no I’m not making jam anytime soon. We just don’t eat a lot of jam (Biscuits are usually are eaten with gravy round here) and I still have 2011 jars in the pantry so I don’t see the need right now. Plus, my mom, my sister, and mother-in-law all can jam and are generally willing to part with a few pints in a variety of flavors lest we run out.
These raspberries I’m just freezing whole. Well, I did leave several handfuls out for munching. Most likely they’ll end up in smoothies, raspberry ice cream (YUMMY!!), or pie later down the road.
No comments:
Post a Comment