Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Programs

A first this year for us…Christmas Programs. Jack was old enough to participate in both his Preschool and Sunday School class programs this year.

IMG_8331First up was his Preschool class. Both 4 year old classes (Tigers & Cheetahs) were combined for a roughly 15 minute holiday spectacular. This fabulous bunch of cuties sang a handful of Christmas songs then did a wonderful dance to a snowman song.

Jack has been serenading me with Christmas Songs all month long, but he didn’t really sing during the concert. He did all the hand motions, smiled big, and clapped. He was pretty cute if you ask me.

IMG_8337

 

Two days after the school program was the Christmas Pageant at Church. This is the one I was nervous about. Since he only sees his church friends once a week mostly and given that most of the children are 3 or 4 years older than him Jack is not quiet as relaxed with them. Therefore he tends to be shy and clingy.

IMG_8454Jack pretty much refused to participate in any of the rehearsals except one. So I was a bit worried that he’d end up laying on the floor somewhere crying and asking to go home. Still, we were determined to have him try. Worse off he’d end up sitting with Kevin, Emilie, and I watching the other kids.

IMG_8411On the designated Sunday we made it to church early and got him dressed in his costume, then got him playing with the other kids. About 10 minutes before the program was to start I slipped out. In mini-Christmas miracle Jack actually performed his role of ‘sheep’!!!

He walked up the aisle to the stage with his Shepard and didn’t leave the stage until she led him back down. He did roam all over the stage though…as any good sheep will do. Finding him in the pictures was a little like playing “Where’s Waldo.” Both Kevin and I were so proud of him! I can’t wait until Emilie is also big enough for Christmas plays and pageants too!

IMG_8440

No comments: