Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Okay, so it's a day late, but still..... Things have been chugging along as usual here in Idaho. The weather can't decide if it wants to be winter (it snowed last Saturday) or summer (Tuesday we hit 60). I guess that is why they have that in between season called spring.
I've been down for the count this week. Had a sore throat with swollen tonsils all last weekend. Well, as that wrapped up I ended up with big canker sore on the underside of my tongue. Makes talking, eating, or doing any activity which involves moving your tongue a real pain...literally.
Jack has a real passion for the great outdoors, especially with the weather improving. He will spend hours rearranging and relocating the rocks in the driveway. There are several large rocks in the bottom of the dog's water bucket as well as layed out on the concrete pad in front of the garage. I'm guessing the first time we mow the lawn will be really exciting. Getting him to come inside without a good crying jag takes some careful preparation. You have to have some sort of diversion ready to go the minute he passes the threshold. Sometimes a drink of water and a snack out of sight of the door is all it takes. Other times it is necessary to round up a cat and have him "pet the kitty." Sometimes you just have to ignore the small boy laying in front of the door crying...he gives up after a couple of minutes if no one pays attention.
He managed to 'drop my jaw' again last night. We read books a lot. Our big reading time is when he takes his bath, but lately his has been bringing books to Kevin or I to 'read' while he flips the pages. He has one book called 'Words' that has a picture of an object with the word printed underneath, aside from 'Personal Penguin' and 'That's Not My Monkey' this is his favorite. Well last night he is sitting there with Kevin reading the word book and Kevin says to him, "Can you point to the cup?" (the 2 pages showing had a car and a sippy cup) and Jack points to the cup! We ask him stuff like this all the time but this is the first time I'd ever seen him respond! I was stunned. Thinking it was a fluke Kevin turned to a page with a flower and a baby in a bathtub and asked "Where is the flower?" and he touched the flower! After pointing out the Cat he was done doing his 'trained Monkey' routine and had to go get 'Personal Penguin' so he could giggle at the picture of the penguin and hippo in the hot-air balloon. Apparently it is hysterical....I just don't see the humor but it gets him going.
I never ceased to be amazed at his continued growth, physically and mentally. I mean I know that he will reach all these milestones one day, but when he actually does it......WOW!.....makes me such a proud Momma!
No comments:
Post a Comment