"Blessed are the Cracked, for it is they who let in the light"
~Unknown
That about sums up how I felt fussing over the computer all afternoon.
After wiping the hard drive and reinstalling everything, our computer seems to be back in functional order. Well, I still need to find the Family Tree Maker disk so I can get that back up and running, but everything else is back. Granny was very glad to have Skype back so she could chat with Jack. Hadn't seen him in almost a week, I think was in Grandkid-withdrawl.
As promised here is the video of Kevin singing the national anthem at the CSI (College of Southern Idaho) basketball game. He's in the very back next to our friendVal. When they walk in Val has on gray pants and is right in front of Kevin. It stands out a bit since most of the men wore black pants.
So how did he end up in this group? Most of you who know Kevin would most likely not list 'singing' near the top of his list of talents. Well, we were sitting in church one Sunday singing the closing hymn. As we are getting up to leave Val turns around in the pew (he and his wife Cleo sit in front of us) and says to Kevin, "Do you like to sing?" He went on the explain that there is a Men's singing group in the Magic Valley that puts together a 100 man chorus every year to sing the National Anthem at the Men's Basketball game. There are a couple of evening practices beforehand, and your family gets in free to the game. Since there was no good reason to say no, Kevin stepped outside his comfort zone and went for it. Turns out he sings Bass......I like a good Bass voice. Josh Turner and Roger Whitaker are a couple of my favorite singers.....very sexy deep voices ...*sigh*I'm so lucky to have my very own Bass singer...... but I digress.
Without further ado, here it is in all its glory!
No comments:
Post a Comment