Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bear With Me!

I usually like to post once a week, but as you can see we are coming up on the 3 week mark since I last posted.

There is so much to post too. I will highlight below.
  1. Recently, Kevin has received several comments about carrying my purse. He'd be holding it while I wrangled with Jack, moving it from a cart to the car, or something like that and someone would make a crack about his 'nice handbag.' I think my purse was insulted by this and decided to revolt by breaking a strap. Needless to say I have a new purse.
  2. Jack turned 15 months old and is celebrating by having the last of his 1 year-old molars make its appearance. Mommy is soooooo over teething!
  3. Kevin sang the National Athem at a recent CSI Men's Basketball Game....along with 99 other guys as part of a 100 Man Chorus. (I have a video of that and will post when I can)

"But why?," you ask, have I not been posting? Well lets just say the computer at home (I'm using my work computer today) is in the middle of a mid-life crisis or some other sort of nervous breakdown. It won't allow us to open any program without several minutes of thought. Then it either freezes or lets you run the program, slowly and with many pauses. I haven't even balanced my checkbook in 3 weeks because it take about 5 minutes to make a single entry and I just don't have that kind of patience.

So bear with me, I have a plan! We have and external harddrive and run weekly backups. So knowing that I made 'just in case' copies of some really important stuff (like my 3 million pictures of Jack) and today we are going to wipe the harddrive and just start from scratch. Cross your finger and hope this works!

2 comments:

Rachel and Jason said...

Good luck! I was wondering where the penguin picture was! :)

Debbie said...

And a few prayers. It is really an act of faith to wipe a harddrive clean and assume what you backed up really did. I bought an external portable HD last week ...
Good Luck!