Friday, September 4, 2009

Fair Photos

I was encouraged by some friends to enter photography in the Twin Falls County Fair this year. I've entered photos in fairs before but only at the 4H level, never open class. In 4H you get a ribbon not matter what...kind of like a reward for effort. In Open Class they have 1st, 2nd, & 3rd awards for each Class/Lot (IE. color-landscape or B&W-portrait-child) and then there are overall awards for best B&W, Color, etc.



Not every photo gets awarded a ribbon.


Plus, I decided to enter in the Advanced Amateur division. I could have gotten away with entering in the Amateur division (its not like they check you resume' or anything), but the premium book defined "Amateur" as beginning photographers and students. I am not a student nor have I just picked up a camera so I felt it wouldn't be honest to enter in that division.
Several folks from work entered photos too and after fair is over we are creating a photo gallery on the art wall at the office.


Anyway, here is what I entered & I'll post results as I can.












"Sophie"
B&W - Portrait Female
2nd Place











"Evelyne"

B&W - Portrait Child Individual
2nd Place

















"Jack"

B&W - Portrait Child Individual
no award













"Ranger at Bat"


B&W - Photojournalisim
3rd Place













"The Bat"

B&W - Misc
no award















"Catch"

B&W - Action
1st Place












"Snowy Lane"

Color-Rural Scenes
no award
















"Mike & Katy"

Color - Wedding Casual
2nd Place













"The Tractor Driver"

Color - Portrait Candid
2nd Place













"Beach Baby"

Portrait - Child Individual
3rd Place (I think)

No comments: