I really can't say enough about Stanley, Idaho. It is a beautiful little town in the heart of the Sawtooth National Recreation Area. If it was feasible I'd move there in a heartbeat.
We went up there on Friday to have a 'vacation' day and so Jack could meet the folks at the Stanley Ranger Station where I worked last summer. He made lots of new friends and enjoyed crawling around the office wooing folks with his charms.
Jack and I walked around town and did some Christmas Shopping (yeah I start early) then, when Kevin was done with his meeting, we went out to the fish hatchery.
Growing up in Western Washington I've heard the 'Fish Cycle' story over and over again. I can't even count the number of trips to Bonneville Dam to watch the fish ladder. What is cool about the Stanley Hatchery though is you get to see the other end of the cycle here. Not the fish who are headed out to see or just starting to return. Here you get to see fish who have just swam hundreds and hundreds of miles inland and are getting ready to spawn. I though it was pretty neat to see that part of the cycle. Plus we all enjoyed feeding the triploids in the trout raceway.
No comments:
Post a Comment