Monday, July 6, 2009

"Forgot" the Baby

I'm sure some of you have heard about how Helga (the cat) got a foxtail in her eye a few weeks back. Well, I think the pussies got a little too used to wet cat food (used to cleverly disguise antibiotics) and being fussed over while Helgs was healing. In order to get back into a pampered and luxurious lifestyle, drastic measures had to be taken. Wednesday night Casper (other cat) turned up with a foxtail in her eye.

On a side note....why do things like injured animals or flat tires always turn up AFTER normal business hours or on holidays?

It wasn't a life or death injury so we waited until Thursday morning. After taking Jack to daycare and the Vet's had opened I called and made an appointment to take Casper in. I dropped her off at nine and Rita (receptionist) said they'd phone when she was ready to go.

Now, in a stoke of genius I asked my boss if I could have the rest of the day off...which she said was fine. Jack doesn't need to be picked up until 1pm. So, from 9:30 until Noon I had every Mother's Dream...free time to myself! WOOHOOO!!!!! I finished a couple of chores at the house, went to Target & WinCo, then picked Kevin up at work.

(For those that don't know...Since we work at the same office we carpool in the morning. When I finish at 1pm Kevin and I go pick up Jack then head home for a quick lunch. Kevin then goes back to work. The logic is that I don't have to interrupt Jack's nap to pick him up at the end of the day)

Kevin gets in the passenger seat and immediatly turns around to the carseat. He looks in it looks at me and says, "Where's Jack!?" in a slightly panicked tone. "At Daycare," I reply. "Oh," Kevin says "I thought you forgot him at home."

I can be absent minded, I'll be the first to admit it, but not so much as to forget Jack at the house. Carrying an empty carseat to the car would be a pretty good reminder anyways.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hey I really like this idea. I might just have to start one of my own since I have been terrible about sending out my own emails.