Saturday, April 9, 2016

Happy Number 5!

Wednesday was Emilie's 5th Birthday.....had one of those moments where you think, "Man that went fast" when I realized my youngest was five. Yep, I've got a seven year old and a five year old. Seems like I had a newborn and a toddler yesterday... I'm sure they'll be driving tomorrow.


We hosted a party for her last Saturday with some friends from school and dance class. It was Peppa Pig themed and I was surprised who many of the kids knew who that was...guess it's gaining popularity on this side of the pond. The kids made edible bracelets and necklaces, played freeze-dance, and pin the cake on Peppa, but the big hit turned out to be meeting "Peppa Pig" herself. Yes the Guniea Pig and the chicks stole the show. Peppa got loaded down with carrots and the chicks were throughly cuddled. What more could little girls ask for.


Her Birthday itself turned out to be a rather busy day. She'd asked for doughnuts and chocolate milk for breakfast, so my day started early and at 7am I found myself in the Swensen's parking lot waiting for the manager to flip on the OPEN sign so her breakfast request could be filled. After breakfast we got ready and headed off to school where we dropped of Jack and registered for Kindergarten. Go figure her birthday fell on the exact day to sign up for school. After getting all signed up she was ready to have me take her to Kindergarten...NOW! Took some convincing on my part, but I think she'll be okay wait until fall to start.


Grocery shopping was next on the list, then dance class, and an LWML meeting with Mommy at church. By the time that was finished we had an hour to kill before pick-up time for brother which makes it pointless to go home since Church and school are next-door to each other.  So, we helped a friend from church tie some baby blankets she was trying to finish. Emilie is a pretty good pin keeper. Kathy put in the ties, I tied them, and Emilie removed the pins. We finished off two blankets and still had a few minutes to play on the playground before pick-up time.

After that it was home for homework and then off to Gertie's (pizza buffet) for dinner. They have a little arcade room which is the main selling point for the kids. Riding the mechanical pony and playing race car games makes for a good party.


We came for cake, ice cream, and gifts, then sent a couple of throughly tired kids to bed. What a fun day to turn five.

No comments: