My 33rd rotation around the sun ended on a Tuesday this year. It also ended on an unplanned Snow Day for the kids (which oddly, turned about to be the nicest weather day of the week – and the only day they canceled school). It was a nice birthday treat to take a nice leisurely morning with the kids and play in the snow, but it also interrupted any birthday plans we had as well as my working for the day. Oh well, that is what we have plan B for right?
We made the most of it. Originally, we were going to have pizza and go see the Filer First Grade production of The Littlest Christmas Tree. Snow day pushed that back to Wednesday night though, so we celebrated with homemade shrimp burgers, salted caramel ice cream from Cloverleaf, and a bottle of Muscato instead. Not a bad plan B if you ask me. (Ignore the Honey-shadow in the photo….she stations herself there anytime food is involved…just in case.)
Here’s to the beginning of my 34th solar orbit! Hopefully, I can remember that this year. Las year I had a hard time recalling if I was 32 going on 33 or 33 already. I finally realized I turn odd numbers on odd numbered years and vice versa so hopefully I’ll do better at remembering the exact number this year… ![]()
Thanks again for all the birthday wishes, phone calls, and mementos. Carrie, “Shine” was the perfect choice. I’d just seen those ones in the Hallmark Store last week and had thought them very pretty…you know me too well. Kevin’s coupon for a free ‘fabulous lady day’ was also much enjoyed. It may seem a cop-out to some to scribble an IOU note on a piece of paper but the man knows me all to well and knows that a day to myself is something rare and cherished. Julie & Cory we had the kids harassed me all week to make lollipops…every. single. day. We made some yesterday, both fun and tasty.
No comments:
Post a Comment