Thursday, February 19, 2015

Happy Agri Action!

Whew! Life has been one thing after another right now. Meetings, appointments, holidays, school commitments, lessons, etc. Looking at the blog I realize I haven’t posted in almost two weeks. How did that slip by? Probably the same way Lent snuck up on me. It took me until this past Tuesday when I saw flour and sausage links on my grocery list (pancakes and sausage are a tradition on Shrove/Fat Tuesday in this house) for it to all click. Then I realized I wanted to do something for Lent. Kevin suggestion was setting a 15,000 step/day goal on my Vivofit (Garmin’s version of the fitbit) in the hopes of ‘giving up’ some pounds, so that’s what I’m doing…..

IMG_8804But back to Agri-action. This is practically another Holiday for the kids. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Agri-Action, Valentine’s Day, etc. They mark the season of the year by it for sure. Plus with all the candy that is handed out it’s very similar to Halloween. Jack’s bag must have weighed 5lbs by the time we were done though most of the weight probably came from all the promotional brochures he picked up. And yes, I do get to read them as ‘bedtime’ stories.

What a blast the kids had trying out all the equipment. Jack wore his St. John Hardware Hat (the New Holland one) courtesy of Aunt Julie and Uncle Cory and had several dealers ask him where he got it and which ‘St. John’ it was. A few actually knew the business.

IMG_8807Emilie had me in stitches when she crawled up in the big spray rig looked around and then poked her head back out the door and said, “Hey look, they put seats for kids in here!” She was so very excited about that. Hate to break it to her that the little shotgun seat next to the driver probably wasn’t included with kids in mind specifically, even though it’s sized for them.

During our adventure, we did locate the perfect tractor for a sibling duo. It was a small New Holland tractor with and excavator attachment on the back. Each child gets a seat and set of controls. I can see no problems with this set up right??

IMG_8822 IMG_8824IMG_8820

Let’s just say it was another successful year at Agri Action. One of these years we’ll get them up to Spokane for the big Ag Show. Grandpa sent Jack some brochures from that one and you would have thought the holiday came all over again when they arrived in the mail. Yep the big show would probably blow their minds….

No comments: