Everyone talks about these ‘back to school’ bugs, but no one said they packed such a doozy for moms. Right about the beginning of September the kids started back at preschool/kindergarten, Kevin left for north-central Washington on a BAER assignment, and everybody had the sniffles.
About a week in and both kids were drying up, Kevin never caught anything since he fled germ central, and I was still hacking. I bought some stronger cold medicine and kept on plugging. Midway through week two I just started running out of energy. The kids were fed and shuttled to school but that was about all I could manage.
Fortunately Kevin returned from his stint on Monday and I’d scheduled a physical for Tuesday. I had reinforcements and access to a Dr. who I was hoping I could convince to write me a prescription for the ‘good’ cough syrup so I could stop hacking long enough to get some rest.
Well, I went in for that appointment and it turns out I was running a bit of a fever. He listened to my lungs and immediately announced that he wanted me to go for an X-ray. “I’m pretty sure you have pneumonia” he said. Right he was. It was caught early and is only in the smallest lobe of the left lung, but still….Other than that little hiccup I’m perfectly healthy (though I have to wait until I’m off antibiotics to do my blood work) if you were wondering.
So here I sit armed with whole pharmacy of meds (4 altogether – I also had a sinus infection ) and finally feeling better that I have in two weeks. I still wear out fast though. Hopefully a few more days of rest and I can get back into my normal routine. Doc even said I could try jogging/walking again on Monday as long as I picked a short (1mile-ish) loop, didn’t push to hard, and carried the inhaler he prescribed.
Here’s to feeling better soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment