Sunday was Emilie’s big day. Three years old! It seems like we just brought her home a teeny tiny baby and now here she is the walking talking silly opinionated sweet loving little girl.
She started off her day with a healthy helping of pancakes with whipped cream and sprinkles, hot chocolate and, of course, sausage. This is currently her favorite breakfast menu.
Then, seeing as it was Sunday, it was off to church. She happily announced to everyone she saw that it was her birthday and she was three! At the end of the service, much to her delight, the whole congregation sang her ‘Happy Birthday.’ One of the hosts for the week even gave both kids a slice of birthday cake leftover from a church member’s 90th birthday the day prior.
Sunday afternoon our friends the Clixby’s came over for cake and ice cream. We let all for kids take a shot at the Piñata. The Piñata itself was a DIY creation the kids and I made. It ended up being a bit sturdier than I thought it would be. If anything the sides were to flexible which made it hard to break. If we do it again I’ll try to find a glue recipe that dries into something a little more brittle.
Once we finally cracked the Pinata we moved onto cake. Emilie picked the flavor this year and it was Strawberry. The choice was largely based on the fact that Strawberry cake is pink. Right now anything pink seems to catch this little girl’s eye. So ‘pink’ it was with Strawberry filling. I frosted it with Curious George on the top and Emilie was more than a little pleased with it. I was a bit leery about the taste since Strawberry cake isn’t something one eats often when they eat cake…but it disappeared pretty fast so I guess it was okay.
As usual she was spoiled rotten by friends and family alike. It is such a blessing knowing that this little girl is so loved by everyone. Thanks for all the well wishes and gifts. It means more than you know. Now it’s onward and upward to age 4!
No comments:
Post a Comment