Thursday, January 9, 2014

Months of the Year

Author’s note: Wow I haven’t posted since the 29th of December! Guess we were a bit more busy that I thought….

First off, Happy New Year! The first full week of 2014 is beginning to wrap up. Kids are back at preschool, Christmas décor is just about put away (though I’m still looking for that one ‘left behind’ item), and Kevin is back into his regular work week schedule. Pretty much the holidays are over and 2014 is in full swing.

As my lack of posting suggest we’ve been keeping busy. Swim date, kids pottery class, playdates with friends, anything to the minions occupied while they were free from school. We even kicked off the new year by taking the kids to see the ‘Megaload’ as it passed through Idaho.

IMG_2715IMG_2629

IMG_2693 Stitch

Now that we’re back into our ‘normal’ routine I set down to think about something new I wanted to try this year. Growing up my mom always had (and still does) a rotating array of household décor. Different themes for different months. All except August, which is the county fair and she and dad are so slammed that month that she really doesn’t do anything but try and stay sane.

Using that as inspiration I have decided to try something similar on a smaller scale. The top of the piano will, hopefully, host a new theme every month. So far I have as follows:

January – Snowmen (non-Christmas) & Penguins

February – Valentines & Hearts

March – St. Patty’s Day

April – Easter

May – Bees & Flowers

June - Red/White/Blue Flags

July - 4th of July

August - Squirrels

September - Back to School & Apples

October - Halloween & Pumpkins

November - Pumpkins & Thanksgiving

December - Christmas

I’m still not sure on June/July: Either I go patriotic in June and carry over until after the 4th and switch or I do ‘patriotic’ for July and something else in June. I’m open to suggestions. Guess this also means clearing some space in the storage room for these ‘monthly decorations’ too. Decisions…decisions….

No comments: