Saturday was Kevin’s 31st birthday. I’m not sure who was more excited Kevin or the kid. Well, actually, I’m pretty sure it was the kids. They’ve been asking every day for a week if today was Daddy’s birthday and if he could open his presents. The way the act it’s like Christmas is coming again. It’s really pretty fun.
To help quell the excitement I let them help with party planning. A few weeks back Jack, in a moment of deep thought, determined that a ‘helicopter’ party was in order. Well, the local party store was lacking anything with a helicopter theme. Fortunately for us Disney’s “Planes” stuff was in abundance and Jack was willing to be flexible. That said, I was able to find a Planes-esque helicopter and use it for the cake… German Chocolate (of course) with a chocolate landing pad and a big ‘K’ instead of the traditional ‘H’.
Best part was I found some trick candles in the drawer. The kids thought the candles relighting were hysterical. They were more than willing to help blow them out over and over and over. Thankfully were not too germ-a-phobic because that cake was blown on A LOT! Even with all the spit it still tasted pretty good.
As for the day itself Kevin got lucky. It was 50 degree t-shirt weather AND both kids took a nap for about 2 hours which almost never happens anymore. That nap came in handy when we went out to dinner at La Fiesta. Both kids were well-behaved, happy, and actually ate their dinner (along with copious amounts of chips) another small miracle. In all it was a really good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment