Marriage. Anyone whose done it and/or doing it can tell you it’s not an easy thing. A wonderful, amazing, glorious thing yes, but definitely not easy. Still I have no doubts that I’ve got the perfect man for me and it’s the little things, like the fact he pulls the crossword puzzles out of the newspaper used for fire kindling and leaves them sitting in a pile (something I’ve never asked him to do..he just knows I like to do them), that remind me that no matter how chaotic and crazy life may get that we still matter to each other.
We got a reminder of a weirder kind the other day. Kevin got a gift card to iTunes for Christmas. He’d downloaded a couple of songs right off but nothing really struck him. About a week back he said I could pick out a couple of songs ‘on him.’ So earlier this week I was perusing the selections and came across a new-ish country artist I had never heard on the radio or even heard of before. As I flipped through the album one of the songs really made me smile. Kind of summed up the ‘thing’ Kevin and I have going pretty well so I downloaded it and put it in my playlist.
I meant to have Kevin listen to it but I forgot. In fact I forgot I’d downloaded the song altogether. A few nights later Kevin was up late and decided to peruse iTunes himself. Wouldn’t you know out of all the hundreds upon thousands of artists he found himself looking at the same one. In fact as he browsed through the album one of the songs reminded him of the two of us. However, when he went to download it he got a message saying it had already been purchased and added to his library. It was the exact same song I had found two days prior. (Now is the appropriate time for the awwwws and other vocalizations sappiness
)
Guess we’re still on the same wavelength…..
Guess we may have finally stumbled across ‘our song’……
Yep it may not be the easiest thing all the time but pushing eight years of marriage we’ve still got it. And this was a great reminder of that for me.
Yeah great, but what is that song you ask? Well, for the curious minds, here you go.

No comments:
Post a Comment