As promised a post on the Rock Creek Lights. Photos don’t give the whole thing justice so I’m sharing a video I found on YouTube. Keep in mind that this is the displays’ first year at the new location and the video is from last year at the old spot. It used to be up toward the forest on Rock Creek road, but in a shrewd business move (The guy who does the lights is somehow related to the store owner) the display was moved north to the Rock Creek General store. There is room for the display to grow even larger and parking is improved. While I felt there was room to improve for sure I’ll give them a break as I’m sure there were some logistics to be worked out given it’s their first year in this spot.
The kids, okay and Kevin and I too, enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. I even managed to get one or two decent pictures of the kids. Tricky, since they wanted to look at the lights and not the camera.![]()
Fans of Bully the camel need not worry. He also made it down to the new digs and was ready and waiting for carrots. Both kids were eager to feed him. So much that we went through the line twice. Emilie, was very gung-ho. I think she would have crawled right through the panels to cover Bull with hugs and kisses had she not be restrained. Really got to work with her on learning that you can’t just run up on an animal that is 15 times your size (being generous assuming she’s 30lbs…the camel weighs 440) no matter how docile they are.
Well, I leave you with a few more photographic gems. I always have so much fun taking picture of the lights. They are beautiful and the lighting also presents a challenge for taking good photos that I enjoy taking on. Mom, the Bumbles are just for you! ![]()

No comments:
Post a Comment