A quick update for those interested. I still have not located my wedding ring. My thought now is I may have lost it at the pumpkin patch, though I am fairly sure I didn’t take my gloves off there.
For the time being Grandpa Steinbach seems to be improving. We appreciate all your thoughts and prayers. Being hydrated has helped improve Grandpa’s sprits (it’s amazing what physically feeling well does for your mood). Monday he was moved from the hospital to a care facility and will continue to recover there. The pain from his arm is lessening (the last day or so at the hospital he was virtually pain-medication free I’m told), though I understand the bruising is pretty impressive. He still has a ways to go. He isn’t using any sort of assistance for getting nutrition and staying hydrated that’s all up to him. Sounds like they are going to work on getting him mobile, most likely through use of a wheelchair, this week. Grandma goes to visit almost daily. Continued prayers are appreciated.
As for Kevin being on furlough, that is ongoing obviously as the government is still shut down. That’s a whole kettle of fish I won’t get into because it just gets me worked up.I have my faith, and I know one way or another things will work their way out eventually.
In the meantime we are making the most of it. I think my ‘honey-do’ list it pretty much down, the in-expensive fixes anyway, and the yard is winterized.Yesterday we took the kids on a picnic lunch/ fishing expedition down at the local kiddie pond. Nothing was biting, but it was fun anyway. Today we went and walked around Old Town. Took the kids to the ‘sticker store’ (or the Scrapbook Store as I call it), rummaged at the second hand stores (found a sombrero I can rework for Kevin’s costume), and swung into the Cookie Basket for some cookies.
The photos on this post are from Saturday. We needed out of the house so we went to the South Hills to check out the fall colors. Discovered that the rainstorms last week brought more than just a dusting of snow to the higher elevations. Jack and Emilie were through-the-roof excited as you can see. I love seeing things through their eyes. I haven’t been that gung ho on snow for a long time, but their enthusiasm is pretty contagious.
No comments:
Post a Comment