Funny how “not much” can go on around here for a couple of weeks and then we have a week where everything seems to happen all at once.
Aside from prepping for all the Easter festivities, enjoying the springtime weather with friends, and just the day to day stuff that keeps this family machine going we also hit a few big milestones in the house this week.
First, Emilie has made the step out of diapers and in to using the toilet like the ‘big girl’ she’s rapidly becoming. I’ll admit I probably could have started potty training her a few months back…but I wasn’t ready. I think that nervousness came from previous experience. Jack was bang-your-head-against-the-wall stubborn when it cam to potty training and was almost 3.5 (he was 3 when we switched him to underwear) before he really had it down.
Comparatively, Miss Emilie has been a pleasure to work with. Last Friday I was all prepped with carpet cleaner, Lysol wipes, and large stack of pink and purple princess-fairy-flower coated girlie undies and was ready to hunker down for the long haul. She did so-so on Friday, Saturday was about 50/50 and she got really put out with me sitting her on the toilet 5 cajillion times a day (Hey, that’s what it took with Jack). Following her cues (incessant wailing when brought near the toilet) I backed off and let her take more of the lead. By Monday she made it through a 2 hour grocery store/Target run accident free (Those who have done it know the fear of the first time you take the newly potty trained out and about). For the most part she’s only having 2 or so accidents per day and staying dry through naps…pretty good for just a week in. She is just SAILING through potty training…..perhaps this is my reward for surviving potty training her brother??
The second milestone is Jack related.
Guess who got his first ‘big kid’ bicycle? That’s right while he can still use his tricycle it was obvious he was ready for something bigger. With the weather warming up and the days getting longer, we finally just bit the bullet and got him a bike. Last night when Kevin came home from work we surprised Jack with it. Then we took the whole family down to a nearby park with a great bike path to test out the new wheels. I don’t think ‘thrilled’ is the right word to describe his happiness with his new mode of transportation but it’s the best I can come up with right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment