Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Meet ‘Paper’

One of our fish went to his watery grave last week after 4 peaceful years of swimming around the tank. That brought our fish count down to two tetras and one large algae eater. It was decided that after I gave the tank it’s semi-annual cleaning that we could get new fish.

The tank got scrubbed Monday and today after preschool the kids and I ventured to the pet store. We got two new tetras and this little guy. Jack has dubbed him ‘Paper.’

IMG_9062

Paper is about the size of a quarter. I had one of these aquatic frogs back in college and it was a pretty cool little thing. Very zen. The one I had hung out doing ‘yoga poses’ mid tank most of the time as if suspended by an invisible string. Hopefully this one is just as cool.

He joins the rest of the clan: Leo, Quincy, Annie, & June (the tetras) and Rocket (Algae Eater). (Yea, someone is really ‘in’ too Little Einsteins right now.)

IMG_9064IMG_9065

Let’s cross our finger and hope they all survive….if they make it through the end of the week I think we’ll be okay.

No comments: