We’re getting to that fun time of the year where there is so much going on that there is little time to blog. So just bear with me and be forgiving if I go MIA every now and then until the new year.
This week Kevin is off in search of the elusive Whitetail Deer. He and his friend are up around Grangeville. So far no luck. It has snowed so tracks are easy to follow but there are also a lot of Mule deer in the area and while he can tell the difference between Elk, Moose, and deer he just can’t tell apart Whitetail vs. Mule. Said he seems to pick the Muley track to follow and has seem so really nice Muley bucks, but nothing in a nice Whitetail. We’re keeping our fingers crossed.
Jack says he wants Daddy to get his deer and bring it home, though I think in his mind a new pet for the backyard is envisioned…..
All the hunting means it’s just me and the kiddos holding down the fort. After this summer this is a cake walk by now. I even braved church. Just me, the kids, and a pocket full of Dum-dums. Went so well we even stayed for Sunday School….
Today we went and ran errands. Grocery store, Target, Costco, etc. I used to to all this on Tuesday but then Emilie started preschool. At first I was like, “Hey! Free to shop by myself…woohoo!” This was until I actually went alone. No little helpers. No running commentary. No controlled chaos. No fun. I lasted one week before moving the weekly shopping to Mondays…..
That’s not to say I don’t like shopping by myself from time to time I’d just rather reserve that pleasure for things like clothes shopping or the book store. Grocery shopping is much more fun pushing a cart that resembles a land yacht (they like the WinCo ones with the bench seat for two that is twice as long as normal) with one child singing “Hello Emmy Lou” loudly and off key while the other one waves and makes cutesy faces at all the other shoppers (she’s got a real knack for picking up men in the 65-80 age range). How could you not love that?
No comments:
Post a Comment