Playing a little catch up here. It’s been a busy week…not much going on just lots of little things and running hither and yon. I meant to put up Halloween pictures last week but just never got to it. So here they are.
First off… Pumpkin Carving!
Jack has really got the gist of Halloween this year. Between watching ‘It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!” fifty million times and preschool he’s got pumpkin carving and trick-or-treat down pat.
For example. If your pumpkin is too heavy to carry you should roll it. We learned this from Linus during the opening moments of the Great Pumpkin. Then you must ask for a knife and cut the top off (thank you Lucy for that little lesson). Great Pumpkin also inspired pumpkin faces consisting of 3 triangles.
While Emilie does not fully get the whole pumpkin carving thing she’s down with coloring so designing her own jack-o-lantern face with a crayon was right up her alley (especially if Mom & Dad let you eat the crayon!). I think her design ended up a little complex for Dad’s carving skills though, so he helped her revamp to something a little more traditional.
Now, as I’ve mentioned before Jack and Emilie LOVE to watch Charlie Brown movies. Favorites include “Snoopy Making Hearts” (Be My Valentine Charlie Brown), “Snoopy Making Popcorn” (Happy Thanksgiving Charlie Brown), and of course the Great Pumpkin. This love for Charlie and the gang totally inspired our Halloween costumes this year. Yup, they were none other than Charlie Brown and his best pal Snoopy.
Trick-or-treating was a blast too. We went over to our friends the Olchawa’s neighborhood and trick-or-treated around there. Jack had no problem ringing bells and saying “trick or treat!” this year. Emilie didn’t say the words but she sure figured out how to stick out her candy bag. In fact most of her candy was devoured before it even hit the sack. Tootsie rolls, chocolate, lollipops, it didn’t matter she ate it! Oh, and if you tried to take, or she thought you were trying to take her bag the shrieks she made were pretty impressive. Total sugar monger there.
![]()
The kids didn’t get to have all the fun either. Kevin and I both dressed up this year. He wore his baseball uniform from high school. (Yes, it still fits…except for his hat…apparently his brains are the only things that’s grown since high school.) I went as Pippi Longstocking. I haven’t dressed up much in the last few years and this was a nice change!
So as you can see we survived another Halloween. The candy is mostly gone now (thank goodness!) and we’re moving on to gearing up for Thanksgiving. Though, I have notice Jack has switched from singing “High-ho for Halloween” and has gone to straight to singing “Jingle Bells.” I guess there just aren’t a lot of good Thanksgiving carols out there…..
Well, until next time…..
No comments:
Post a Comment