Monday, November 26, 2012

Hot Buttered Run!

Another race in the books! Not for me though…for my parents and little sister. I am so proud of all of them. They have been working so hard to lose weight and improve their health this year. Mom & Dad have both lost about 25lbs apiece this year (Dad has a total loss of around 77lbs since spring 2011). Mandy has lost about 15lbs this year despite getting pregnant with baby number 3 in May (she’s been maintaining her weigh nicely under her doctor’s guidance and I am curious to see what the scale says once this new little man arrives in February.)

Finally, with lots of encouragement, I talked them into a 5K walk. We chose the Hot Buttered Run down at Officer’s Row/Pierson Air Museum. It’s not too hilly and it’s an area they are very familiar with. Plus, our good friend Libby and lots of her friends were going to be their running as were a few of Mom’s co-workers. It always helps to have lots of encouragement!

Dad finished in a solid 1:06 (about a 2.0mph pace) and Mom (pushing a double jogger with 50lbs of grandbabies) and Mandy (seven  months preggo) finished in 1:29 (about 3.0mph). Not too shabby for first timers! Plus it has given them motivation to walk more so they do better next time! That’s right folks…next time! I’m looking at a couple of options for a 5K walk in the spring…mooohahahaha!

Hot Buttered Run

Congratulations guys! Words cannot express how excited and proud I am!

No comments: