Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother’s Day!

IMG_5602

Yesterday was Mother’s Day and Kevin and the kids did a great job in spoiling me rotten. The kids had a fair to poor night in the sleep department so the day got off to a slow start. However, we were only a few minutes late for church and from that point the day picked up.

The first thing we did was drop off the old hide-a-bed couch that has been sitting in our garage since we moved from Tonasket. It was just time to let go, so up on Craigslist it went…for about 15 minutes before it sold. The purchaser was new to the area and only has a Toyota Camry, which is not going to fit that couch so we agreed to drop it off.

IMG_5607Seeing as we had gone into town to unload the couch and now had some cash in our pockets, Kevin and the kids took me to get lunch. We opted to try the Mister Burger in town which turned out to be an excellent decision. Burgers for the adults, hot dogs for the kiddos, and a side of fries all around. We got our order to go and went home to eat and throw the fishing poles in the truck. Then off we went again.

In almost six years of marriage Kevin has learned that for me to truly relax and ‘take the day off’ I have to be physically removed from the house. If I’m at home I’ll clean and tidy…I just can’t help myself. That said we headed down the river for a drive. We took the river road down to Hagerman and looked at the waterfalls and springs. Eventually we ended up at the State/National Fish Hatcheries.

IMG_5597Both hatcheries had some really nice fish in their show runs, including some rather large White Sturgeon. They were 6+ feet I’d guess. When Jack saw them he started pointing and said, “Look!, DOLPHINS!!!!” We’re going to have to work on fish ID….but I can see how you could mistake the two creatures.

IMG_5618We had planned to try and fish in some of the little ponds around the hatcheries, but the kids were giving out in the heat so we decided to scrap that plan until another day. Instead, we head toward home conveniently swinging through Buhl and stopping at the Cloverleaf Creamery for ice cream. What is a road trip on a nice sunny day without stopping for ice cream?

If you ever come to visit us from the direction of Oregon and Washington I highly recommend getting off I-84 at Bliss and taking the 1000 Springs Scenic Byway which takes you through Buhl. Stop at the creamery….trust me it’s worth it.

IMG_5625When we got home Kevin and the kids capped off my day by making me dinner. Bratwurst & sauerkraut…yum! All around it was a fantastic day with the most important people in my life. What more could a mother ask for than that?IMG_5628

No comments: