For breakfast this morning I decided fried eggs were in order. I went to the kitchen. I opened the fridge. I grabbed the carton of eggs. I cracked one into the pan…bonus a double-yolker! I cracked the second egg into the pan. Then I took a better look at that double-yolker. The bonus yolk didn’t look right (I only had the under cabinet lights on so it was dim in the kitchen). I poked it with my finger. It was hard! I fished it out with my hand and realized that it was a fully formed miniature egg! How wild is that?
I know they put prizes in cereal boxes and cracker jacks, but since when did they start putting them in eggs???
We get our eggs from the daughter of a co-worker of Kevin’s. She’s been raising chickens as a sort of ‘pet project.’ I think I am going to send the mini-egg to her so she can see it. I wonder if there is a yolk inside or if it’s all white?
No comments:
Post a Comment