It’s been a little over 10 years now (sheesh it really doesn’t seem that long but Fall or ‘01 is when I left for college) since I’ve lived in western Washington on a permanent basis. At times I miss all the green. The Douglas fir, assorted ferns, mosses, and the list goes on. You hear people rave about it’s beauty all the time. Heck, they call Seattle the Emerald City because of the year round greenness. However, as with most things, that beauty comes with a price tag. In this case it’s called rain….lots of it. Mother Nature politely reminded me of this fact by raining (and even snowing 2 or 3 times) the entire week the kids and I visited my folks.
I guess I’ve lived “on the dry side” too long because by day three I was going absolutely batty! It was too wet and muddy to send the kids outside so we had 4 kids 3 and under trapped in the house. I felt like I’d been transported to the nut house for sure…..
These are my sister’s boys, Matthew and Noah. Noah has a plastic axe in his hands and he was chasing the bigger boys…who kept lapping him which is why he is in front. They are running a circle through the living room, dining room, & kitchen. Every few laps Noah would stop and chop the floor with the axe. This prompted shrieking and more running from the bigger boys. I think we’d pulled Em out of harm’s way by this point but she was contributing to the chaos with screams and hand waving. Needless to say it was CRAZY!!!
So in an effort to save our minds we loaded everyone up and went to Cafe Sip-n-Play. This is a little coffee shop with a large play area for the kids. It’s designed so that you can relax and enjoy your coffee while the kids run amuck. I loved that they had kid friendly snacks on the menu. There is a small admission fee for the kids, but it is completely worth being able to escape the house on a rainy day. They even had a little space just for non-walkers like Emilie so they wouldn’t get run over by the big kids.
We were only there a few hours but is was enough time to let everybody run their wiggles out and make thing slightly less chaotic at the house….at least for a little while.
No comments:
Post a Comment