As is rapidly becoming an annual holiday tradition we trekked south again this year to see the lights at Rock Creek. It was pretty chilly, right around 20 degrees, so we put the kids in their snow suits and made the drive down to the South Hills. As usual the lights were amazing! The photos I take just don’t capture all the glory that is a couple of million Christmas lights, an entire Christmas village, and a 2-ton camel named Bull. As I tell myself every year…next year I’m going to film it.
Well, like I said it was cold out so the kids only lasted one trip around the loop before they were cold, about ten minutes in all. 45 minutes out, ten minute visit, and 45 minutes back home. It is soooooo worth it though.
In a big surprise to me Jack thought Bull the camel was the coolest thing ever. I was sure he’d be afraid of it. But, as a friend on Facebook pointed out: He was terrified of Santa, a regular man in a red suit; but a 2-ton, hulking, hairy, mouth-so-bug-it-can-swallow-your-arm camel?….No problem!
He talked about feeding carrots to the camel all weekend long. He told his grandparents (both sets), his teacher at preschool, the checkout lady at the grocery store, and pretty much anyone who would listen.
And here are some of my other pictures of “the lights:”
No comments:
Post a Comment