Sunday, December 11, 2011

Little Cabin in the Woods

Well, here it is……Gingerbread house 2011.

IMG_4001 Stitch

I’ll take credit for most of it. Jack was not as ‘in’ to helping decorate as I’d thought. He’d swing through occasionally to snag a nibble or to move some candy around with his construction equipment, but that was about it.

IMG_3988He did enjoy “snowing” the house with powdered sugar once it was finished though. He would have kept shaking on the sugar until we had 3 inch drifts in the yard……

 

 

Kevin deserves some credit too. He built an outhouse and a fish drying rack to dry the Swedish fish that Woody caught in the pond. Kevin built the pond too, and stocked it with fish. Our traditional ginger-moose is hiding in the woods. Can you spot him? The kids also donated some toys again. Hence Woody and his Great Dane sized Beagle along with the raccoon.

IMG_4005IMG_4007IMG_4004

My favorite part this year was the chimneys. They are built out of caramel. I really like how they turned out and I think the feature is a keeper for years to come.

IMG_4011

No comments: