Thursday, November 17, 2011

Time Flies….

The ending to that adage is “when you’re having fun.” but it also flies when you are just plain busy. I glanced at the blog today and realized its been a good two weeks since I’ve posted anything. It’s been go, go, go around here and though I’ve composed several creative, and quite witty, posts in my mind none have made it to fruition. (Though the one about boning deer still might appear….especially if you really needle me and con my husband into serving up one or two fruity “adult beverages”…I even have pictures!).

What have we been doing anyways? Well, getting the house and yard winterized. Trying to get a jump start on holiday shopping. I’ve been drafting our Christmas letter (FYI: if you’ve moved in the last year and haven’t sent me a current address I’d appreciate an update). Regular old 9-5 work. Training for a 5k Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. Taking care of sick kids (both have a nasty head cold and Em got her first ear infection). Trying to do a pre-Christmas purge of toys and other household ”clutter”…it never works, but I’ll keep trying.

Needless to say we’ve been busy. The holidays are fast approaching so its not bound to slow down soon. Plus in our family the ‘holidays’ (defined by me as ‘the period from October 31 until January 1’)  includes several family days. I missed posts for several of them so I will take this moment to list them now.

IMG_1322

   Grandpa/Great-Grandpa Alvin S. turned a whopping 91 on November 3rd….he’s got us all whooped. I’m hoping to be as sharp and healthy as him when I reach that age!

 

 

 

 

IMG_2529On the 6th our  nephew Matty (Mandy & Colin) celebrated his 3rd Birthday…..

….ten days later on the 16th Matty’s little brother Noah celebrated his 1st birthday. (They have a ‘thing’ for November birthdays in that family it seems.)

IMG_2662

Today (the 17th) we have TWO veeerrrrry special events.

1. My big sister Carrie graduates into an entire new age bracket….hello 30’s! February 13, 2005 (8)_editedCaroline Wannamaker

2. My parents celebrate their 32nd Wedding Anniversary! You are an inspiration and something to be aspire too!

Matt & Marcia Wannamaker

Matt & Marcia Wannamaker_edited

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I know that seems like a lot, but there are five more family birthdays alone before the year ends, plus all those other minor events like Thanksgiving, Christmas, National Parfait day (11/25), National Fritters Day (12/3), Annual Ninja day……

In the meantime I will attempt to keep up with the blog…but forgive me if I’m spotty during the holidays.

No comments: