In the Ag Barn they had large wading pools filled with beans and corn in which they placed toy tractors. Jack was absolutely ga-ga over those pools. He played in them for quite awhile. He even showed Emilie a thing or two about hauling beans. The next time I changed him I discovered he was packing about a 1/4 cup of beans in his pants, and another 1/4 or so in his diaper. He didn’t seem phased, but that has got to chafe!
I’m pretty sure Emilie had a good time too. Much to my surprise she was awake and alert the whole time we were at the fair. She quite enjoyed watching brother play with the tractors (brother-watching has become a real hobby of hers) and she even tried them out herself. She also appeared to enjoy the animals. Horses and goats brought out the best response. The petting Zoo was a smash with both kids.
As for Kevin and me…well after our trip with the kids we went back on our own. Sunday night we got sitters for the kids (Thank You Kayla & Avery R.!!!) and had ‘date night’ at the fair. We had dinner, took our time looking at some of the displays that the kids have no patience for and then went to a music concert.
The Band Perry was the headliner and I had heard about them playing the fair back in June. I like the group, but wasn’t quite sold on going to the concert. Then I found out that the lead in singer had to cancel and singer/songwriter husband and wife duo Joey + Rory would be the new lead in and I was sold! Both Kevin and I really enjoy their music.It turned out to be a great combination. We both preferred Joey + Rory, there’s just something about their style. They keep it simple, they had no back-up band, just the two of them and guitars. Their music sounded exactly like it does coming out of the radio. The Band Perry was good as well I mean it takes some talent to pull off singing both ”Amazing Grace” and “Fat Bottomed Girls” in your set.
In all we had a great time at the fair and are looking forward to next year already.
No comments:
Post a Comment