It is rather obvious what this post is about and I know there are folks who have been drooling for the juicy details since we arrived home in Idaho, some before. So here goes.
Somewhere up in the sky the weather gods were smiling on Julie and Cory because the downpour held off until after they got in the Limo and drove away. The day started out nice and sunny. Family pictures were to be held promptly at 10pm after which young'uns and old’uns would be allowed a naptime. That was a good thing too. Jack never would have made it without a nap.
Yes, Jack….he was the ring bearer. When Julie asked if he could perform that honor I was a little skeptical that he’d be able to do it. He can be a bit stubborn about doing something that doesn’t interest him and I wasn’t sure walking down an aisle would fall on his list of ‘fun’ things to do. Julie and Cory had a secret weapon though, something right up Mr. Jack’s alley….a pedal tractor! (They let him keep it too!)
0
(Note: If someone has some pictures of Jack dressed up in his overalls on the tractor I’d love them. Didn’t take any myself since we were trying to get him down the aisle)
For those of you who haven’t met Cory yet he works as a (Julie correct me if I’m wrong) mechanic for Case IH and also works the family farm. He and Julie met at the Combine Demolition Derby in Lind, WA. So tractors and farm equipment are a big part of their lives. So much so that Cory’s ‘ring’ is a lock washer off their derby combine.
Jack, as you all know, loves tractors and farm equipment. It’s a beautiful match. I can seriously see us sending Jack to visit Aunt Julie and Uncle Cory during the summer when he’s older so he can drive tractors and combines and such.
But back to that wedding. After photos and the nap it was time for the big event which went off without a hitch. Jack made it down the aisle with a little pushing from Kevin and hollering “I ridin’ the tractor” all the way. Plus they played ‘She thinks my tractor’s sexy’ as he came down. He got a very good response lots of smiles and chuckles.
The ceremony itself was beautiful. There were two bridesmaids, one being Emilie’s Godmother #2 Beth Ann, and two Groomsmen. Dad did a great job getting Julie down the aisle. The Pastor obviously knew Julie and Cory (I love a ceremony where the officiant knows the couple) and even snuck in a funny comment or two.
Then it was onto the reception….and cake. The cake was a nice double tier white affair with a couple riding a tractor as the topper. I have know clue what flavor it was at it was whisked away as soon as it was cut. Who knows, it could have been mostly Styrofoam that was iced. I heard the topper weight 2lbs, so it might have been necessary to hold that baby up.
Don’t fret, we weren’t left cake-less. There was a wide array of cupcakes in 8 or so yummy flavors. I got to try vanilla bean and raspberry lemonade. Both were very yummy so I imagine the rest were just as delicious.
And where was Emilie during all this? She was playing the ‘pass the cute baby’ game. I know Kevin had her for a bit. She visited with the cousins. Met some dear friends of Julie’s. Snuggled with Beth Ann’s mom, and spent a good deal of time with Rae M. Pretty much she was a social butterfly. She made it back to me in time for bottles and diaper changes, but pretty much I didn’t see her much ;-P
It was a beautiful and fun day altogether. As the crowd thinned and the clouds gathered we headed downstairs to send off the happy couple. Of course when they got down there their ride was nowhere to be seen. No mind, Cory decided he could flag down a ride on his own.
When that didn’t work they called the car company and shortly their Limo arrived. Of course that was about the time my battery died so I didn’t get those last parting shots. Oh well, I don’t think those images will be missed.
2 comments:
SO how does Cory's ring actually fit? Isn't it a little bulky?
Yes it fits and yes it is bulky. However, because of the nature of his work (farming/mechanic) it isn't really safe for him to be wearing a ring. So instead of buying a $$ piece of jewerly he most likely will rarely wear they went with something a little more sentimental.
Post a Comment