This year Easter landed at the end of the month….for which I am VERY thankful. With a newborn and recovering from surgery combined with lack of sleep my brain is moving at sloth speed these days. I think, as a dear friend pointed out, that breastfeeding fries it even more. Needless to say I have to write things down in order to remember them. Therefore having 2.5 weeks to get in gear for Easter really helped.
This year Jack has got the ‘egg‘ thing figured out, both dying and plastic eggs. When it comes to dying eggs Jack takes a ‘picasso-esque’ approach. He starts out putting an egg in each cup, but then needs to move each egg to a different color cup (doing some lick tasting in between of course). Eventually he moves to blending dyes by pouring one dye cup into another.
It is a bit messy, but he made some really cool eggs. He got a deep deep purple one, which considering the purple dye usually comes out pink is pretty neat. Then there was the yellow one with green fingerprints all over it. There were even a couple that resembled calico cats with all the assorted colors visible.
I noted, as friends posted Easter photos on Facebook, that many of their egg-dying pictures looked very neat. Mostly clean small child with egg in uncontaminated dye bath. Not sure if I’m the only one who lets their kid go nuts with the egg dye, or if no one else wanted to post pictures of the aftermath. I’m leaning toward the latter.
![]()
Aside from dying eggs the plastic eggs were pretty cool too. Did you know people put candy in them? Jack thought that was just the neatest thing. When he did the egg hunt at church he had to open each egg (a task accomplished by placing the plastic egg in your mouth and gently squeezing so it pops apart) and inspect the candy before moving on to the next egg. He also liked taking the candy from his Easter basket eggs and putting them in his construction equipment toys. Quite a few M&M’s can fit in a toy loader bucket.
![]()
Not to be left-out…..Emilie took a more relaxed approach to her first Easter. She snoozed through church, got fawned over by several Grandma types, slept through Easter dinner, then took a nice nap on Daddy. I think she really enjoyed herself……
Hope you all had a wonderful Easter…we sure did.
1 comment:
Love the bunny ears pic of Jack! And the bunny butt pic of Emilie! Tee Hee.
Post a Comment