Monday, February 21, 2011

The Wheels on the Bus Don’t Tread Water

lffunbus

This is the toy that, out of all of Jack’s toys, annoys me the most. It’s loud, the voices are obnoxious, and its original version of “the Wheels on the Bus” just drives me nuts. Of course Jack loves it. I can put it away at the bottom of the toy box and he’ll always find it and drag it out. Needless to say I patiently wait for the day he loses interest and we can pass this particular toy along.

Well, for whatever reason the bus has been in Jack’s bathroom for the last day or so. No biggie, it’s kind of “out of sight, out of mind” back there so I didn’t bother retrieving it. Guess that was an error on my part. Tonight when Jack was taking his bath he spotted it and…well….battery operated toys just don’t do well on underwater adventure. No, the yellow school bus was not designed to double as the yellow submarine.

Sadly, the darned thing is still functioning but sounds even more annoying…if that is possible. Now the animals sound like Mickey Mouse on helium.

Kevin is in the process of disassembling the thing and giving it a good blow-dry right now. He’s nice like that…I probably would have just chunked the thing had I been the one to discover it. I suppose there is still hope that it will completely short out…..but as with most annoying toys it will most likely live to see another day and another round of “the wheels on the bus”……DRAT!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

We have a similar bus, but lucky for me Clay has never been all that it to it. There have been other toys though. Good luck! Kevin is such a good Daddy!