Friday, August 27, 2010

Reno

I think I have a few moments before I will be summoned.  Jack is dumping the pieces out of all his puzzles and will come get me when he’s ready to reassemble….

Soooo, in these few minutes of spare time I will write about our trip to Reno last weekend. I think we are just about the only people who can go to Reno, stay at a casino/resort and not gamble. Well, unless you count betting on whether or not you can finish a 19 hole mini-golf course with 3 under 3.

Reno is a good halfway spot between Twin Falls and Ridgecrest, CA where Kevin’s brother, sister- in-law and two boys live. We have been trying to meet there at lest once a year so that we can actually see each other and the kids can get to know their cousins.  Its pretty fun. The hotel we stayed at was having a dog show that weekend. Plus they were also the kick-off point for a Baja car race from Reno to Las Vegas. Lots of big trucks and dogs….what more could little boys ask for?

Perhaps a trip to Cabelas? As usual we had to visit the “world’s foremost outfitter .” There were stuffed animals to hug, fish tanks to tap, and a shooting gallery to be investigated.

IMG_4686 IMG_4689

Of course if that wasn’t enough fun we got a tip on another big sporting goods store called Scheel’s. Their Reno (well Sparks actually) store is supposed to be the biggest one in America. There was a Ferris Wheel inside so I guess that makes it pretty darned big. Like Cabela’s it also had fish tanks. These however you could walk under and look up at the fish. Plus there were escalators and big stairs on the mall outside. Jack went up and down and up and down and up and down and still had energy to burn.

IMG_4692 IMG_4695

Finally there was Mini Golf! As I hinted at above taking 3 little boys, the oldest of which is 3, to mini golf requires LOTS of patience. I stopped keeping score after the third hole. It was chore enough just to make it through all the holes without losing a ball…or a child.  Jack was mostly into ball retrieval. He’d pick up your ball post-putt and go put it in the hole for you. Hole-in-one every time!

IMG_4720 IMG_4734  IMG_4710 IMG_4737

Best of all, once we survived the course, there was a Merry-go-round to ride. For 75 cents is sure ran a looooong time. The little boys loved it, but I think the big boys may have gotten dizzy walking around in oh so many circles.

IMG_4749 IMG_4750 IMG_4751

1 comment:

Ben, Kelli, Nicholas and Eli said...

Believe it our not I think Ben and I could easily stay at a Casino with no gambling also. Never have and don't really care if I ever do! I enjoyed your posts!