Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The First Days

Jack started his new daycare Tuesday morning at 0730.  He surprised me by going straight in picking up a toy truck and driving it along a table. Kevin and I chatted with Miss Rosa a bit then left while he was playing.  I have a co-worker who’s little girl goes to the same center and when she dropped of her child she said he was sitting on Miss Rosa’s lap taking it all in.

When I picked him up at 3:30 that afternoon I was told he did fairly well. He got a little cranky in the morning around 10 (a normal naptime for him usually), but they fed him a snack and he was good to go. They had potato soup at lunch and he refused to be fed…he wanted to do it himself. He then proceeded to eat 3 servings of it! After lunch was naptime, something I worried about as they nap on cots and Jack has only ever napped in the crib or a swing. Surprisingly, after a little fussing he drifted right off for about an hour. He was upset when he awoke…strange surroundings I guess, but was okay with a quick cuddle. He really enjoyed going outside!

Best of all I got my first piece of take home art to hang on the fridge. It’s a dinosaur coloring sheet with 4 yellow paint spots dabbed onto it apparently after testing the yellow paint he was done with being artsy-crafty for the day…not at all unlike his father *he,he,he.*

Today he knew what was up and cried when I left. He was clingy for most of the day as well. Still he ate his Split-pea soup like a champ! Again he only napped for about an hour. He is TIRED! I was told he’s still not interacting with the other children much yet. Mostly he just observes. Hopefully, once he settles in and is less tired he will make some friends. Still Miss Rosa says he is doing pretty well for his first week.

No comments: