No pictures today, life has been happening at a rapid pace and I'm just trying to keep up. Nothing serious, just busy busy busy. Looking for a slow down in the next couple of weeks. Perhaps in time for our trip the Combine Derby in Lind. Julie is driving a combine this year and we are really looking forward to that trip...especially if the car is working.
Aaaah, the car. Kevin called my Friday shortly after he left for work, something was wrong with the car and he was stranded on the side of the road and would I please bring him the toolbox. Granted, this is the old '97 Toyota Rav4 which has 160,000+ miles on it and has never had a major problem in the 9 years since I bought, so its about due for some sort of trouble, but still breaking down is never convenient.
I was so very grateful for our friends on Friday. One came out with his truck and towed the car back to the house, and another (who is a 'car-guy') came and helped figure out what the problem. The problem is the water pump died. It's about $40 to buy a new one so no biggie right? Wrong! Seems the water pump is located in such a position that you pretty much have to take the engine out to get at it. Darned new cars with all the 'electronics' taking up all the room! I'm actually missing my very first car...an old 'monkey-with-a-screwdriver-could-fix-it' '82 Tercel, right now. Looks like the car is going to have to go to the shop after all. That means we are down to just the truck for the time being.
As for the rest of the title for this post....
We signed Jack up for swimming lessons at the city pool! The start mid/late June and run for three weeks with two classes each week. We'll be all ready to use Grandma and Grandpa's pool when we go to Moses Lake in July. Hopefully, lessons will also open his eyes to the difference between dry land and water body when we go fishing as I mentioned in the previous post. Not that lessons will actually stop him from getting wet, but maybe it will prevent him from charging in full speed ahead. We shall see.
Now, just to get the weather to cooperate!The city pool it outside (well it has a 'bubble' top and that is down for the year)so lessons are somewhat weather dependant. Right now we'll have one day of sunshine and warm temps, then four days of cold and rain. We actually had a winter storm warning on Saturday! How crazy is that? I have vegetable starts hogging my dining table and I really would love to get them in the ground, but I'm afraid I'll plant them and then it will freeze.
No comments:
Post a Comment