The most excited little girl in the world lived at our house yesterday. She was literally bouncing off the walls from the time she woke up. The day was FINALLY here…the big dance recital!!
Getting her into her costume was like trying to dress an octopus. Her hair was even more challenging since the teacher had asked for a side ponytail with 80’s flair. There were tears (hers) and frustration (mine) but fortunately there is some aqua-net type hairspray in the bathroom cabinet and I personally own about a gazillion bobby pins. When I said she could wear a little bit of mommy’s makeup (eye shadow and blush) her eyes got huge and all hair related misdeeds were forgiven.
So here she is dancing in her big debut to Jingle Bell Rock. She’s the one dead center.
The recital was held at the local landscape center for the annual Festival of Giving. Many local groups and organizations decorate trees to be auctioned of and anyone who gets to stop by gets to vote. I voted for the dragon tree. Kevin picked the American Legion tree. Jack….FFA hands down cause it had tractors on it. Emilie chose an awesome pink tree with angel wings. Turned out it was the Victoria’s Secret tree..HA! (She was still a bundle of energy at this point and zipping all over the place so I didn’t actually get a picture of her tree choice)
The kids also got to see Santa! Jack requested a Bruder Truck and Emilie asked for a talking parrot (it makes more sense if you’ve seen the Fur Real parakeets at Target) Emilie’s friend Charlee was also dancing so I got to take pictures of both girls and they got to hang out which is their favorite. They were both fabulous!
Well..I’ve got a bagillion things to do before heading out for the Turkey Day so I’ll leave you to your Jingle Bell rockin’ Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment