For the past week I’ve lived a crazy life trying to balance final back-to-school prep, canning, and the fair. If you saw me and I appeared more scattered than normal..that’s why.
While I have a quick minute I’ll give you the rundown on the fair. Lots of fun as usual. We went to the Monster Truck Show, Magic Valley Stampede (rodeo), and the Tractor Pull. Animals were petted, Agriculture and Home Art projects were observed, friend’s projects checked out, we even made butter one day. All in all it was a lot of fun and excitement. Oh, and if you want to observe excitement give Emilie cotton candy and an orange Slurpee drink and stand back….Holy Toledo!
I enjoyed the picture taking opportunity. I’ve got Monster Trucks worked out, but find Ill need a bigger lens for Rodeo. Horses and bulls are a lot smaller than pickups on steroids and will require the telephoto if I want capture any of the action.
One of our favorite parts of this year’s fair was the Scarecrow Maze. Various departments (think beef, home arts, sheep, horses, concessions, etc.) made Scarecrows and placed them in their areas. The fair board then, for $1 fundraiser, gave out sheets with a list of general scarecrow locations and you were to walk around the fair and gather numbers of each scarecrow. When you were done you turned it in for a prize drawing. Not only was it a fun ‘scavenger hunt’ of sorts for the kids, but it gets people to walk around and see the entire fair and not just the popular hot spots.
Jack, and therefore I, watched then whole tractor pull from start to finish. He’s about the nosiest fan in the stands. He claps and cheers, “Go *insert tractor make"*!” The whole time they are pulling. In the lawn and small tractor division they can start competing at age 5…perhaps we’ll have to keep our eyes open for a small tractor and get Jack started pulling. Our neighbor is part of the pulling association and would love to see Jack get involved.
In al,l it was another great year out at the fair.
No comments:
Post a Comment