Saturday, April 4, 2015

Easter Prep

I always dread the years Easter falls early just a little bit. Probably because it causes too many Holidays to be lumped together. Pi Day, St. Patrick’s, April Fool’s, Easter, AND Emilie’s Birthday all in a 4 week period can be a little daunting. Add in that Virginia trip I took and this year was especially hectic. Thank goodness for pre-planning and Amazon Prime,  It’s all coming together without too much stress. Here’s what we’ve been up to in the last week to celebrate Easter and the death and resurrection of Christ.

IMG_9403

We dyed Eggs on Thursday. I’d purchased the dye kit several weeks back on sale and we’d purchased 5 dozen eggs (we’ve resorted to buying the big pack due to all the baking that goes on in this house combined with certain small people who like scrambled eggs with breakfast) on Monday. I’d hardboiled a couple dozen (probably got a bit ambitious with that number seeing as I’m the only one who eats them) earlier in the day so, in all honesty, we were set and ready to go without much fuss. Jack was all about getting multiple colors on one egg this year. Emilie was into the plastic wraps and seeing how fast she could dye all her eggs pink and purple. Surprisingly we only broke one egg, and I did it. After that whole lecture to the kids about being careful handling the eggs, I was the one to go and drop one….figures.

 

IMG_9409

Yesterday we planted our Easter jelly beans, as has become tradition in the house. It is fun to see how each year the kids’ understanding of the Easter Story and it’s meaning expand. “Jesus died to take away all our sins, every single one, and that is really a nice thing to do.” I was told. The kids are eagerly awaiting tomorrow morning to see the lollipops sprout from the ground just as Christ rose from the dead.

IMG_9416IMG_9420

IMG_9430Today we even went to an Egg Hunt. It was out at Clover Lutheran Church in the Community of Clover. You couldn’t ask for a better place or group of people for an Egg Hunt. Not only is it a beautiful spot, but the kids and parents alike we excited and well mannered. I kid you not one kid spilled his basket during the middle of Emilie’s hunt and several other children stopped their hunting to help him pick up his spilled eggs. So sweet.

Afterwards there was a craft time for all the kids and of course time to play on the most awesome playground ever.

 IMG_9436IMG_9452IMG_9423IMG_9462

We capped off the day with a nice family walk on the Canyon Rim trail. They extended it to the east towards the Evel Kineval  jump site recently and the new stretch offers a great view of Pillar Falls…and the local Rockchuck population. We even checked out the newly rebuilt visitor center. Did I mention that we made the kids walk the whole way?? All part of our evil plan to wear them out and burn some energy in preparation for tomorrow. 

IMG_9488

Wishing you all a blessed and wonderful Easter from Idaho.

No comments: