We had a wonderful Christmas! From watching Emilie try to torch her hair with her candle at Christmas Eve services (seriously she’s so busy staring at everyone else’s candles that she doesn’t notice hers is listing dangerously towards her curls…thank goodness I don’t use hairspray on her. If this had been her Halloween Minion do – woosh!) to getting my 2 Christmas wishes granted. 1) A White Christmas and 2) National Geographic 2015 slipcovers for my Nat-geo magazines. The former blew in overnight at 60mph leaving huge drifts in some areas and mostly bare patches anyplace open. The latter, well, let’s just say I’m the only one who really got excited by that. Thanks Mom!
The kids were wonderfully spoiled by friends, aunts, uncles, and cousins (okay, Kevin & I were too) and we were reminded of God’s grace for us (Grace = receiving what you don’t deserve). Thank you all for your love and generosity. For the last few days we’ve been putting together puzzles, building Legos, caring for baby dolls, playing games, and barely getting out of brand new PJ’s (Grandma, those bathrobes are a huge hit by the way).
We’ve also been trying to figure out hula-hoops (hoop-a-loops as Emilie calls them). The kids are trying to find their hula rhythm and Kevin and I have been trying to rediscover ours. Pretty sure the kids are winning that battle. At least, the effort seems to cause a lot more soreness and potential injury for the over 30 crowd.
Well, like I said, we had a fantastic holiday. We also took a ton of pictures (what’s new
). I didn’t want to completely ‘blow up’ this post with photos and I couldn’t choose just a handful to post so, in the words of the Veggie Tales Narrator, I present you with a sequential image, stereophonic, multimedia event. Otherwise known as a slideshow.
ENJOY!

No comments:
Post a Comment