Thing were pretty quiet here on the home front this weekend. Jack attended a birthday party on Saturday (Superhero theme….all the kids wore capes, got buzzed on sugar, and terrorized the playground…it was great) but we really didn’t have much else planned. Mostly we worked on all those fall/winter chores. Cleaned the woodstove out (going to be fire time soon!), put a final dose of weed’n’feed, on the lawn, stacked some firewood, mended all the spots where shingles blew off the roof over the spring/summer (seriously this is a regular part of maintenance around these parts), and put some more sealant on the chimney to (fingers crossed) finally seal off that seemingly invisible leak that dribbles water down the stove pipe only when it rains hard and the wind is blowing just right.
I also cut the heads off the sunflowers and the kids helped me pop seeds out…they disappeared when it came time to sort out the debris from said seed harvest of course and I was left to do that, and slowly go blind, myself. Yesterday I got them in to soak and today I roast. I say roast but, let’s be honest, there’s a good chance I’m burning a bunch of them….I tend to get distracted and leave them in the oven too long.
All that work this weekend we did feel we needed to have a little fun so Saturday evening we took the kids down to the corn maze at CSI. (photo is by the local media station and links you to their page/info if you are interested) For those not familiar with the College of Southern Idaho (CSI) the design is their mascot, a Golden Eagle.
The kids had a blast. For some reason they feel the need to run through the entire thing so it’s quite the workout. The also LOVE dead ends. They purposely looked for them and would run down one and dramatically shout, “OH NO! It’s a DEAD END” and then break out in a fit of giggles. Kevin and I let them take the lead and navigate on their own. Took us about 40 minutes to get through and we did try pretty much every avenue in that maze.

No comments:
Post a Comment