Last night during bath time I stepped out to take a call from Kevin and my darling daughter crawled out of the tub located a pair of scissors tucked way in the back of a drawer in the bathroom (scissors designed for cutting gauze, for what it’s worth) and did her second DIY haircut.
The bangs were easy to fix, but this is going take some more thought. She mostly chopped the left side front. It could probably be fixed with a pixie cut but I don’t really want to cut off all the hair it has taken her 3 years to grow. *sigh* I need a haircut/thin myself so maybe we’ll both take a trip to the hair salon this weekend…..
The best part, when I asked her why she cut her hair she said it’s because she’s Elsa (from the Frozen movie). I’ve seen that movie a bazillion and one times now, and don’t recall anywhere in there where Elsa hacks her hair off with a pair of scissors. Boy howdy, you can bet I won’t be showing her Tangled anytime soon….
On the upside I was just getting ready to scrapbook the photos from her first haircut and now I have plenty of her locks to include as a detail……
UPDATE:
Well, we went to the salon today (Saturday) Emmy, and I. The stylist looked at it and asked what I wanted to do. I asked if we could “even it up” she said that would pretty much mean cutting her hair short as in a boy’s cut. I knew it was going to be shortened when all was said and done but said that was a bit too short for me. Ultimately we went with a ‘Bob’ style. It’s still shorter on the left side but it all blends together better. It is just hair and will eventually grow back. In the meantime I think some new hair clips and headbands are in our future.
No comments:
Post a Comment