Friday, May 23, 2014

My Favorite Things

The weather has been somewhat cooperative this week and I’ve been putting hours of sweat equity into the lawn and garden. Got some 2, 4-d Amine 4 down on the lawn (take that dandelions, thistles, and mallow), finished getting the last of the garden in except for the bell peppers (still need to mess with the drip line a bit though), drug out the hanging planters I scored for $1 each last fall and got them planted and hung (wouldn’t you know a hummingbird showed up to feed on the petunias not 30 minutes later), and all sort of other odds ‘n’ end yard stuff. That and I’ve also been doing prep for a garage sale we’re hosting this Saturday. If you think you might be interested in buying our old junk, come on down Smile with tongue out

IMG_4255Needless to say I was more than ready to take a little break Thursday night. One of my Mom’s Group friends was hosting a “My Favorite Things” party. Never heard of one? Neither had I. Thankfully I have friends you are more up to date on these sorts of things and they keep me in the loop.

For this party everyone brought three of their ‘favorite things’ (3 of the same thing) in the $15 price range. We put our names in a bucket three times and filled out a card about  some of our favorite things (color, vacation spot, drink, celebrity crush, etc.) Then our hostess read one of the cards and we guessed who favorite things those were. That individual then went and drew three names. Showed us her gift and explained why it was one of her favorite things and gave them to the three names she drew. She than got the stack of cards and picked one to read and so on and so forth. In the end everyone had 3 gifts to take home with them. IMG_4253

Our awesome hostess also gave us little ‘swag bags’ with some of her favorite things. Including Chobani yogurt samples. Her husband may or may not work for Chobani and it always seems you end up with Greek yogurt if you spend any amount of time with her Winking smile Also, a huge thanks to her for hosting us.

IMG_4268Kristin is an AMAZING hostess. The pictures barely do it justice. She went all out for us. Between the food and beverage and decorations, I think we all felt a little spoiled. We’re all so used to doing ‘potluck’ style gatherings that when she said not to bring anything except yourself and your three items it felt a little weird. To top it off she put this all together while seven months pregnant and having an 18month old ‘helper’. She sure had on her superwoman cape yesterday! She has totally earned the right to sleep in today and be a little lazy.

 

Since I took a lot of photos and there are too many to post in one blog posting AND I’ve had the soundtrack to “Sound of Music” running through my head all week. I give you….a slideshow.

My Favorite Things Party

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Cassie you are amazing too. What Wonderful slide show and beautifully written post.