Mail delivery, it’s the highlight of my kids day….except for Tuesdays when the Garbage truck stops by. It’s so exciting that we have designated mail retrieval days to each child to avoid tears and fighting over who gets to take the mail out of the box. The best days are when we get a package. They mail lady leaves those on the front porch and on those days one child gets the mail from the box and the other gets to retrieve the package on the porch.
Saturday was a true ‘Red Letter’ day because not one, but TWO, packages showed up on the front porch. In a testament to Jack’s growing ability to read he was able to tell that the top envelope had Emilie’s name on it and the box underneath was for him. Not only was it for him, but it was from ‘John Deere!’ He was moving pretty quick to get that box back in the house and find someone who could operate a knife for him to get that box open.
Here are the contents of Jack’s box.
Several weeks back I was perusing some sort of outdoor or tractor auction magazine or brochure. I don’t really recall what it was, but there was an ad for John Deere’s Forestry division. They were generating a mailing list for their Forestry newsletter and if you submitted your e-mail by XX date they’d send you a free John Deere hat. Seeing as my college major was Natural Resources, and while not my main focus, I do have a passing interest in Forestry since it’s all really interconnected out there in the wide open spaces, I figured I wouldn’t mind the occasional industry update….and Jack would LOVE a John Deere hat. So I signed him up.
Yesterday was it’s arrival. Jack was THRILLED. Kevin helped him get the back adjusted down to ‘Jack size’ and he wore it around most of the day. When I asked for a picture of him in his hat he kept yelling, ‘Truck YEAH!’ at me (hence the fist pumping in the photo). Yes, he likes that Tim McGraw son and say ‘Truck Yeah’ seems to be his new phrase for ‘awesome’ or ‘cool.’
Well, now his hat collection is up to WSU Cougars, Skidoo, Hesston by Massey Ferguson, and John Deere. Next up we need to get our hands on a Case IH hat and a New Holland hat. If Aunt Julie and Uncle Cory are looking for ideas for their Jack birthday/Christmas list……
No comments:
Post a Comment