Last night wrapped up the kids’ current round of Swimming Lessons. They both had a blast and shockingly, both passed! Jack was no huge surprise, he’s been trying his hardest to do everything. Emilie, appeared a little more ‘la-ti-da’ about the whole thing though and I figured would need another round at this level. Mostly because most the time during class she’s like this: (not sure how she can hear instructions like that)
She must have super sonic hearing though, or is a natural water baby because she can do everything on the Pike level checklist.
I love to see their improvement each time they go. Jack, despite some tricky starts, is really putting his full effort into mastering this whole swimming thing, and it shows. He’s even getting the hang of floating on his back.
I don’t have pictures but both kids took to life jackets like glue if it meant you could go to the deeper part of the pool and jump off the side (As Jack tells me, ‘You can’t go to the deep water without a life jacket on!) Kick boards were a little tricky for Emilie. Jack caught on pretty fast, but Emilie wasn’t quiet so sure what you were supposed to do with this floating slab of foam. Chew it maybe?
Thankfully they had a great instructor who got her squared away fairly quickly. Even better, since it was the last night of class both kids got to jump off the diving board. Jack was fearless…and Emilie will do anything if brother does it first so their was little hesitation by either child. I on the other hand, knowing how graceful my children are, was silently chanting ‘don’t slip’, ‘don’t slip’ to myself as they scampered out on the narrow board. Who knew a diving board could be so nerve wracking…..
The pictures really do say it all. The kids enjoyed lessons beyond words. They also say Emilie has a potential future as a Rockette…. (see below)
That said while they were wrapping up their lesson I went and signed them up again. Might as well keep on it. Summer’s coming and the better they are at swimming the more confident I feel about taking them around water in general. Specifically, I think a trip to Grandpa and Grandma’s pool may be in order.
No comments:
Post a Comment