Friday, December 27, 2013

Post Christmas Post

Merry Christmas – Christ is Born!

IMG_2498Whew, another wonderful Christmas is in the books! The kids, well the whole family really, had an amazing day. This year we stayed home. By some miracle the kids “slept-in” until 7:30am and then we managed to slow up the mad dash for the tree by leaving some unwrapped and strategically placed new books under it’s branches. Once the books were read (during which time Kevin had the chance to start breakfast and feed critters) we had the kids open the gifts they bought for the critters and then we moved on to stockings. By some Christmas miracle we didn’t start opening gifts under the tree until 8:30 or so.

 

I myself was up at 4:45am…not intentionally. I woke up while it was still dark and asked Kevin (the clock is on his side of the bed) what time it was and he rolled over and said, groggily, that it was a quarter to seven. I thought, “Kids will be up soon, better just call it and get up.” I got up made coffee, got the fire going, then went to dink around on Facebook. When I set down at the computer I noticed the clock at the corner of the screen said 5am….not 7am like I thought. By that point I was too awake to go back to bed so I just enjoyed my solitude for 2 hours.

Note to self: Don’t ask Kevin for the time when he’s groggy and doesn’t have his glasses on….

IMG_2543IMG_2534

Between their parents, friends, and family the kids were doted on thoroughly. We are awash in new literature, clothes, games, and toys. They seem determined to test them all out too….with Mom & Dad’s company of course. We’ve done a lot of painting, coloring, and stamping. Smashed up the living room with Hot Wheels Monster trucks. Rocked, fed, and diapered a small horde of baby dolls. Fed and re-fed a bunch of Hungry Hungry Hippos. Hatched baby dinosaurs. Played Memory so many times I don’t remember anything. Did some play-doh logging.….Oh, and danced in a cloud of bubbles (Yes Chelsey, it worked like I’d hoped! My lungs are spared!!!!). Frankly I’m exhausted….and that was just the 25th.

By mid morning Boxing day it was apparent some fresh air was in order so we took the kids down to the park and ran them around with their new RC cars. When we got them home we put on a movie and then Kevin and I played a couple rounds of two-handed Pinochle (I won both times…the third ‘man’ really didn’t like Kevin).

I hope you all had a day that was even half as wonderful. Thank you all who contributed to the fun and memories.

No comments: