Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Virginia – Week 4

We’re in the home stretch…at last! Tomorrow is our last day here. We leave Thursday morning at 8am (well earlier actually, or flight is at 8) to head back home via San Francisco (still not sure how San Fran is ‘on the way’ to Boise from D.C….but you know airlines).

A nanny has been hired and her first full day is on Thursday, but she’s coming for part of the day tomorrow so I can give her the rundown and show her the routine. Her name is Loga and out of everyone they interviewed she just stood out. Funny thing was Carrie & Rob had a miscommunication the day she came to interview and Carrie had gone to run an errand when Loga arrived. I was the only one home so we chatted for awhile. Talked kids, husbands, where are you from, and all that good ‘first meeting’ stuff you’d do with anyone.

In a matter of 30 minutes I learned that though she’s lived in D.C. for ten years she was born and raised in Cameroon. Her first language is French, and English she learned after coming to the states. She has a fantastic French accent! She has also been married for the last seven years and has an little boy about a year younger than Jack. Between her heritage and the fact that her husband is half Caucasian and half Native American I’m guessing that their little boy must be absolutely gorgeous (I told her that and she got a good laugh, said “Yes, he got all the best parts). She met her husband while working at a hair salon. He brought his mother in for an appointment and when he came back he gave her his number…the rest is history.

As for the childcare part she has lots of experience as a nanny and her previous employers all speak highly of her. She seems motivated, energetic, and organized. She makes a schedule each week of what she plans to do with the children. For example she plans to do some basic learning with Wes while Clay is at preschool. I was impressed. Hopefully, she works out as well as I imagine she will. I would trust her to watch my kids so…..let’s cross our fingers and pray.

No comments: